Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year! Guest Designer for Shimmerz!

Hello and Happy New Year to you! I hope you all had a wonderful, low-stress holiday season.  I haven't posted on here in a while because I had a few visitors over the last few months.  Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to post a bunch of Christmas crafts & artsy things I wanted to, but that's ok.  I'm very excited today because I am up on the Shimmerz blog with my first guest design post! I won their November "thankful" challenge so I got a prize pack in the mail and the chance to share 4 projects over the course of this month.  For those of you who don't know, Shimmerz makes all kinds of beautiful paint, mist, texture paste and more.  The have a ridiculously talented design team so I was a little intimidated to be joining them this month, but still just really thrilled!

Here is the canvas I created based on their January theme "New beginnings." I used some patterned paper on the front and added texture paste through a chicken wire stencil around all the sides of the thick sides with Razzle Dazzle Berry Vibez, using it like water color paint.  I then added an embossed Blue Fern Studios clock, some Prima flowers and resin. I colored the butterfly resin with "Blue Lagoon" Dimensionz. My words read "when one door closes..." (God opens a window is what I was thinking but purposely left out).

Here are some details:




Here is the info for the January challenge. I hope you will give it a go!

Post your work to our Facebook page, titled SPC010, so we know it is your entry.
AND theres something for everyone......
If you submit and place an order, Stacey will send you a free paint. 
(just mention that you entered the Challenge, and which one it was, to be eligable)
If you are our winner, you get to be a Guest Designer on our Blog for an entire month and a free designers pack of paint.  You gotta be in it to win it though, so get out your Shimmerz and join in the fun! and SPREAD THE WORD!

Thanks for popping by!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment