Friday, January 17, 2014

Breathe

Good Morning all... January is the month for new beginnings, for planning, for reflecting. I have made a resolution to myself to try not to get so angry or irritable so easily...I need to just relax and take a deep breath sometimes.  I created this layout of the beach in Captiva Island, Florida, where I vacationed over the summer.  It evokes memories of serenity and clarity.  I collected these shells while I was taking a walk by myself at sunset one night. It was such a calm and peaceful place.
There are several challenges I was inspired by this month. Many were asking for resolutions or one word to describe what you want to focus on this year. So the word I picked was "breathe."


I used lots of Shimmerz on this layout, along with texture paste and a big Prima flower. I was inspired by the challenge at Mixed Media Place that is looking for our interpretation of "calm" and also Berry 7 Blue looking for that one word for us to think of throughout the year.
Here are some close ups:




Thanks for popping by today...
I would love if you would leave me a comment and/or become a follower
Sarah xoxo
I am also going to enter this into the Scrapki-wyzwaniowow challenge #90 which is for feathers (on my cherub).


13 comments:

  1. This is stunning!! Thanks so much for linking up to us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your background work is stunning. Love the peachy colors for a beach theme too...I'll have to give that a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful and sweet! Thank you for joining the MMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo !! thank you for joigning the Mixed Media Place challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, this is one beautiful page! The background is amazing! Thank you for playing along with the Berry71bleau challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background!
    Thank you for playing with Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture!!! Thank you for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the texture on your layout and the color combination is soothing. Beautiful project. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Sarah! Love the shells and your mixed media color work. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu One Word challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page Sarah and a wonderful sentiment for 2014! Love that super photo of the calm and beautiful ocean...and love that you used shells from the beach on your page! Beautiful textures and colouring...definitely evokes calm and serenity! Blessings to you in 2014, and may all your dreams and aspirations come true! ;-) Thanks so much for sharing this page with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of relaxing! And your layout is great! Thank you for playing with us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you also for playing with us at Mixed Media Place and scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete