Saturday, June 1, 2013

Here we go!

Hello and welcome to my blog..."kitchen sink creations!" This is a place where I hope to fill with scrapbook pages, mixed media art, pinterest projects, art journalling and other crafty goodness. I'm very new to both blogging and art in general so this is pretty much my learning process, out in the open, both scary and exciting! I hope I can scrounge up a few followers and would love any comments.
Here are a few of my latest projects:

This is a "She Art" girl I made for my mom for Mother's Day.  I was really nervous making this because I really wanted her to like it.  I had taken the She Art 1 class from Christy Tomlinson so I had learned some basics.  My mom collects those angels without faces so I thought she may appreciate these faceless girls. First I collaged some Tim Holtz tissue paper and patterned paper onto the canvas. Then I used acrylic paint, stamps, rub ons, modelling paste and I collaged book paper heart for the background. Then I added the girl I had cut out of book paper and patterned paper, and painted her skin and hair.  I finished with a flower and some purple metallic gelato around the edge.  She was a lot of fun to make, I was pretty happy with the result, for it being my first attempt at a girl on canvas.



Next is my "creative dare" from Tracy Weinzapfel Studios Mixed Meda Mondays group http://tracywburgos.typepad.com/treasure_the_momentlove_l/2013/05/mixed-media-monday-re-cap-52013-free-1.html
We had to come up with 5 words that we would like people to use to describe us. She records a live show almost every Monday and has fun "dares" that anyone can participate in every month, with of course, fab prizes.  I didn't win but that's ok...

This mixed media collage was something I had been wanting to do for a while and was SO much fun to create!! I was inspired by Leeanne http://luvleescrappin.blogspot.com/ who is awesome and has many inspiring videos on Youtube, you must check her out if you haven't already! Each little element in my collage has meaning and while I'm not crazy with the way the colors came out, I still like it. 

Thanks if you are still reading, I have one more thing to share that was also really fun to make.



Here is my altered printing tray where I added black and white photos of my 2 daughters in their recital costumes and lots of ribbons and Prima goodies.  I can't wait to make another, I loved it so much.  I do plan on taking more pictures of the process of creating in case anyone is interested in that.  These were all I could find for pics on my computer for now.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get the pics off my camera/phone and up on here.  Next will be figuring out how to add links and things on the sides. Sad thing is, hubby is a comp. programmer and I am at the opposite end of the spectrum.  I suppose I'll learn as I go.  Thanks for joining me and hope to be posting again soon!

Sarah



10 comments:

  1. great job.. love your pages.... and i am a new follower..

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the world of blogging :) I would remove the word verification and put the comments on "moderation", it makes it easier for people to comment. If you want a word to be a link, then write the word "Tracy's blog" for instance, then click on "link" in the upper right corner of your post, paste the URL in that box. It looks like you have some wonderul crafts to share. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blog world!! With Google friend going away shortly, I have inked my blog to BlogLovin. Right now, that is the easiest for me. I dont do word verification on my own blog because most people wont comment as it takes to long. I prefer to get rid of spam myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog!! Great first post! I'm following you too! Feel free to come follow mine! www.foronemoment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice new blog! Lovely art journal page colors!! I just started following you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog!! You've got some great projects. Looking forward to more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new blog! How exciting! Your work is fabulous!!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new blog. Great post and hope to see more of your fabulous works!!

    ReplyDelete