Thursday, February 1, 2018

Altered Box for A Vintage Journey Challenge

Hi everyone!
I've made an altered box for the challenge over at A Vintage Journey Blog where the theme is "think inside or outside the box"
I love to alter old cigar boxes, it's very time consuming but so much fun!
Here is my mixed media box using found objects, a vintage doll face and lots of texture elements. I really enjoy trying to use as many random bits I can find, often 'trash' I found laying around on the ground, lol (free embellishments!)
Here are some pics:





I used acrylic paint and waxes to color the box after first covering it in black gesso.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah xoxo

8 comments:

  1. That is so much fun Sarah, fab way to recycle all your random bits and turn 'trash' into treasure! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our Think Inside or Outside The Box challenge, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a bright and colorful lady atop your wonderfully decorated box Sarah - love your mix of items and wonderful coloring of them - thank you for joining us in the A vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with those found bits! This makes me smile from ear to ear! ( A girl after my own heart!) Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! you are so talented Sara:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An important functions of your kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to perform related tasks including dishwashing.samsung dryer trips breaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.samsung dryer trips breaker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such amazing piece of information. Enjoyed reading this article

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks/enjoy reading this article

    ReplyDelete